Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center.
There are several expectations for volunteering at the KBSTRRC. If you meet all of the expectations, please sign up and you'll be invited to a volunteer training session.
- Must be older than 18.
- Must be able to volunteer one full day a week and it needs to be the same day each week because of COVID-19. We cannot accommodate part days at this time.
- On most days, volunteers are expected to be at the Turtle Hospital no later than 7 am or so, until at least 2-4 pm.
- Volunteering at the Sea Turtle Hospital is multifaceted work and includes kitchen work (washing & drying dishes & laundry), feeding the turtles, bathing the turtles, scooping and cleaning tanks, as well as mopping floors, cleaning windows, and sanitizing door handles, table tops, etc. It is very rewarding work, but we want to make sure you understand the scope. It is not easy at times.
- We currently need volunteers for Saturday & Sunday.
- We can only invite 10 folks at a time for a training session because of COVID-19.
We don't need many new volunteers at this time but we see a need in the future. Please let us know if you are still interested in volunteering by completing the form below.
We look forward to hearing from you!